Customs & Traditions in Albania
Home> Countries> Europe> Albania> Customs & Traditions
- If you see two Albanians speaking loudly, don’t think that they are arguing. They are just talking about important topics, especially politics.
- It’s considered polite to dress modestly when traveling around Albania, both men and women should avoid wearing clothing that is too revealing.
- When shaking hands, it’s important to use your right hand only.
- Some of the most important Albanian cultural beliefs include the belief in the power of magic, the importance of family, and the respect for elders.
- Albanians also have a great deal of respect for their elders.
- Elderly members of the community are often seen as wise and experienced, and they are treated with deference.
- Young people are expected to listen to the advice of their elders and to show them respect.
- Smile and have fun with Albanians, they know really the meaning of life. Try to enjoy every part of your trip to Albania. You will discover great people, with great hearts and have a very unique experience. Not to mention the beauty of nature which is a gift from God.